Re: Selling My Heart

"Ahh, but you see... I would be remiss if I did not look at ANY product that I set to purchase, Monsieur. Just as you would examine my locket, I would examine your bottles, and that way, there is no worry about one of us cheating the other, non? But surely you must know that, being a businessman who buys and sells, and examines his purchase before the purchase is made so that you know that your product is good. It is merely quality control." She shrugged softly. "I would think you would want me to see for myself that there are no cracks so I would not find them later and call you a cheater for something that could very well have happened at home by my own fault."

Rose did not sound as if she was trying to be arrogant or smarter than he was, more just matter of fact that anything. And then he had to go and proposition her again and even have a too cloying way with his words that left a disgusting taste in her mouth. She began to gingerly wrap the bottles in what looked to be cotton, placing them one by one into the basket she always carried with her when she was out and about. Her face remained as neutral as possible.

"I will be sure to ask my husband if he wishes to share me. He will most likely agree that my hands are not looking so delicate as they should, but he knows that I work very hard, and he too, works very hard, so that one day we will have a better life... I am sure he will mull over the idea of you keeping me company." Of course, she didn't have a husband, but she did have a lover and she would not be unfaithful to him. Raniero... Mmm... The man ever entered her thoughts even at the moments she felt most disgusted with other human beings.

@Freakpanda
word count: 332

"I would think you would want me to see for myself that there are no cracks so I would not find them later and call you a cheater for something that could very well have happened at home by my own fault."

''Aye you might be true on that, but you need to understand one thing. I don't do refunds. Whatever leaves this place is something that I don't need to care. And I would not recommend going around soiling my name. It is a bad thing for your health'' he said threatheningly and glared at Rose. She was starting to get onto his nerves more and more. ''As you can see, they are all in top notch condition, just like when I bought them for myself. No cracks or anything of that sort''

He let out an amused snort when she mentioned her husband. It wasn't the first time a girl had said something like that to ward him off. ''If he is at least half as good looking as you, you can bring him to watch. Maybe he'll learn few tricks on how to treat a woman. Hell, if he is as good looking as you, he can take your place instead. I don't judge'' Basilio grinned. He wasn't afraid of Rose's so called husband and since he swinged both ways, he wouldn't care which of them would come to offer their body for some cash. And even if they'd sought for retribution, Basilio wasn't stranger to violence or hiring few thugs to help him.

@Kimmie
word count: 268

The man was getting on her nerves more and more. His sickening smirk, those creepy eyes of his... Yes, she found her mood darkening the longer she was in his presence. And he thought she would fuck him? Hell no. She would never let a man like him touch her. Not for all the money in the world! He would be able to see her growing colder and colder toward him the more he opened his gob and hurled words her way. She wasn't afraid of him! She had seen her father's head on a god damned pike thanks to the ire of angry peasants, there was little in the world that could churn her stomach so...

Her voice became like acid, her words filled with intent, "You overstep yourself, Monsieur. Firstly, you take my examinations of your product as a personal affront when I do the same to every product I purchase. Some of us do not have extra money to throw about. Furthermore, veiled threats are quite overdramatic in a situation that isn't even happening, and you insult me by assuming I am one to spread rumors. I merely pointed out that there are those who would not do their due diligence to look before they leap. Lastly, if you think after insulting me, that I would ever..." She paused, placed her basket on her arm and glared with glittering, dark eyes, "Let you into my bed, blessing from my husband or no, you are mistaken. I would rather sniff the flatulence of a cow than to let you into my bed or join you in yours. I am not interested, if I haven't made myself clear enough. Now, I am a Lady... I am noble. I could have insisted you bow and lick the dog turd off my boot, but I did not because I do not think myself better than anyone, what makes you think I would accept that treatment from you? With that said, I bid you good day. Perhaps I will shadow your doorstep again but after the way you've just treated me, I do not think it will be so. I find you loathsome."

With that, she lifted her chin with a huff and stormed toward the exit and would be gone unless he stopped her.

@Freakpanda
word count: 389

Basilio grew redder and redder with anger as he listened to the insults that Rose threw at him. He wouldn't let some cheap whore like her to talk to him like that! Stepping from behind the counter, Basilio grabbed hold of Rose's hand not too kindly and pulled her against the wall, pinning her against it as he loomed over her. ''I don't care about what others do with their money. I only care what I do with mine! Now I've been very generously trying to offer you mine for some simple act. You said that you didn't have money to throw around and when I offer you to throw some, you reject it and spit on it. I won't have some ex-noble who got squirted out of her mother's womb with silver spoon up their ass to insult me like that! I worked hard for my own coin, and so should you as well!'' Basilio yelled at Rose, little bit of spit flying at her face.

''Now I'm not sure if you've ever even smelled shit'' He seriously doubted it. ''But I can assure you that spending time with is much more pleasurable than that. I can even prove it!'' Grabbing forcefully her chin, Basilio lifted Rose's head up and forced a kiss on her. He let out a low growl as he felt Rose's soft lips against his.

@Kimmie
word count: 243

"Get your hands off of me you filthy swine!" His hands hurt her arms like manacles, she snarled and gnashed her teeth in response. Then he kept spewing awful words at her and his mouth crashed down upon hers. At first, there was that initial shock, and then anger bubbled forth being boiling point. She bit his bottom lip.... HARD... She didn't stop until she drew blood, and then she wrenched an arm free and took a swing, hitting as hard as she could! She wriggled free from his grasp and spit out the taste he left in her mouth, wiping away the blood.

"You know NOTHING about me and you would not dare to touch me again, you filthy man. You are nothing but an insect to be flicked away and splatter on the walls, thinking I would ever be happy to take money to be your WHORE." She was shaking, she was so livid, there it was in her eyes. "I have seen things in my life that would make a man like you weep and beg never to see. Have you ever seen your own father's head on a pike? Have you ever watched your mother die a horrible death from her trying to protect you? Have you ever spent days without food and shelter, wallowing in filth? I highly doubt you know about what it is like to be in my shoes. I've crawled my way up from the bottom without throwing myself at the feet at the mercy of men much scarier than you, what would make you think I would throw myself at yours?" She wiped at her mouth again, "Next time you try to touch me, Monsieur, you will get castrated, I promise you that."

@Freakpanda
word count: 296

Basilio swore as Rose's bit down onto his lip, and pulled away from her. He touched his lip and lifted his fingers to see blood on them before tasting the metallic taste in his mouth. ''You are a feisty one'' He said and spat in front of her feet. ''Few hits from the crop should teach you your place'' he grinned, before his grin turned into a scowl as Rose kept barragging him with insults. ''I've not. And that is because that I knew to pick my fights. Nor have I've suffered from being filthy because I knew how to spend my coins wisely. I used my wits and strenght to get out of any sort of bad shit'' he said and tapped his head with a finger. ''Obliviously your parents weren't as clever as me!'' he continued and tapped Rose's head this time.

He bursted into laughter as she threathened him. She was several inches shorter than him and probably weighted half of him. Basilio wasn't scared of her one bit. ''I bet you wouldn't even know how to hold the knife properly, let alone know where my cock was!'' He let go of her hand and stepped away. ''You are just another foolish girl who thinks that the world revolves around them!'' He pointed at his door. ''But that is not what the world is like. Its full of shit and piss and everyone of us has to climb out from it if we want to live decent life. You'll learn that soon enough! And then, my coin seems that much more interesting! As for now, I ask you to fuck off!''

@Kimmie
word count: 283

"You son of a whore, have you not heard of the revolts in France? How stupid are you that you think you are better than me because you cheated your way through life? You think you know everything, don't you? You assume so much about a person, when really, it is you who are stupid. You're not smart at all." She spit right toward his eye, a nice, fat glob of saliva, then stormed toward the door again, whirling around and yelling further, "I would have been gone before now if you hadn't touched me, you swine's ass. God, you talk about how I think the world revolves around me when really, it is you and your ego who think the world revolves around you and what you do when really, nobody cares about you or your filthy mind! Indeed, I wouldn't know where your cock was because you probably don't have one! It probably fell off from some disgusting disease!" She grabbed her dagger and threw it quicker than he would possibly have a chance to blink, deliberately missing his fat nose by a breath, embedding into the wall. "Tell me again that I don't know how to handle a damn dagger and be happy I chose to hit the wall and not your eye... Keep the stupid thing. If you think I will ever... And hopefully you get this through your head, Monsieur because it's the last time I will tell you.... EVER... give my body to you for coin or for free, then you need to seek some sort of help for your mad mind." With that, she stormed out and slammed his door so hard that he might loose some merchandise in the process.
word count: 296

Oh he knew damn well about the revolts in France. She wasn't the first frenchman to come visit his shop to sell things that they had managed to carry with them as they escaped France. He had extorted them just like he had tried to extort Rose and succeeded, managing to buy several different jewelry for half of the price he would have normally have to pay for them. Basilio swore loudly as Rose spit at him. ''Fucking whore, how dare you spit at me! Get out of my sight you piece of filth! Go out there with the rest of the trash that you belong with!''

He was so flabbergasted by Rose's rude behaviour that it left him speechles for a moment, swearing loudly as the dagger flew right past his nose. He stared at the dagger which was stuck into the wall before turning to face Rose to rage on her more, but she was gone, closing the door so hard that Basilio was afraid that she'd cause damage to it. ''Fucking crazy whore'' he muttered under his breath and tore the dagger out from the wood. ''If I'll ever see her again, I'll teach her a lesson about respect...''

END OF THREAD
word count: 210

Return to “Grand Canal”