OMG SHINY THINGS

Morrigan Stirling // 29 // Horse Whisperer
Where to begin? Morrigan is a Scottish-Irish lass (from the motherland itself, gods bless the Highlands) who has spent most of her life on her own, roaming the world in search of a place to call home. She's always had trouble finding that spot where she feels like she belongs. Opening up to others is hard for her, and she usually keeps most people at arm's length - or even further away. Specifically as it pertains to men. Men are not to be trusted. Yes, this inclination is a direct result of a broken heart, as well as a lifetime of being looked down upon by men who think they can do better than a woman. You've been warned. The easiest way to get this girl to smile is to show her a horse. She cares more about horses than she does about most people, and will go out of her way to be around them, especially if it means she can avoid people.

For more information, see her bio: Morrigan Stirling

Plot thoughts:
-- Horses. Always horses. Anything involving horses is a good way to interact with her.
-- On a related note, Morrigan runs her cousin's husband's horse farm, so there's a possible avenue for interaction.
-- Anyone from Scotland/Ireland would be a welcome person for her to meet.
-- Drama. Drama is fun. Regardless of the sort. Feed me tasty drama.
-- So is adventure. Morrigan's been on her fair share of adventures, she'll never turn down more.

Emaline York // 19 // Mischievous Tart
Ahh, sweet, devious little Emaline. The French tart. Her hobbies include spending money, going to parties, flirting (not as much, now that she's married), pissing off her father, and generally being a snobby little rich girl. But she's just so cute! You can't hate her. She's a smart damn girl, but she hides that (and her temper) behind a dumb, innocent facade, because nothing makes her happier than verbally eviscerating an unsuspecting person. She's friendly with everyone she thinks is her equal (so no poor folks, sorry) and everyone else gets ignored at best. Gods help you if she decides not to ignore you.

For more information, go here: Emaline York

Plot thoughts:
-- Technically she ran away from her father and is supposed to be in Paris -- plenty of chance for interesting stories, there.
-- Parties. Shopping. Wine tastings. Tea. Whatever. If it's a social function, she'll be there.
-- Other rich French people are her dish. She'll happily pal around with any of them.
-- On this note, something involving the French revolution is always viable.

Annabel Blackwood // 25 // The Intellectual
Boston-born socialite -- who couldn't care less about any of that crap -- Annabel is a schoolteacher by profession and a writer/inventor in her spare time. Recently arrived in Venice with her widower brother Edward, they own and operate the Blackwood School for Underprivileged Children. Annabel is an intelligent, strong-willed, opinionated woman who believes very strongly in equal rights for all, and fights for the liberation of slaves and the betterment of women. She's hard to get to know, mostly keeping people at a polite distance, but once her loyalty is gained, it's solid. She's extremely protective of her brother, since the loss of his wife and son, so anyone who tries to mess with him in any way is going to have to go through her first.

For more information, go here: Annabel Blackwood

Plot thoughts:
-- She's a smart girl with an appreciation for the arts. Books, inventions, science, art, etc, anything like that would be a good basis to approach her on.
-- Teachers, people who would be interested in being involved with the school, all welcome.
-- Anyone involved with the slave rights/female equality movements would be good, too.

Lucilla Caravello // 36 // Socialite and Schemer
Lucilla is the epitome of old nobility -- haughty, confident to the point of cockiness, well aware of her own appeal, and with a cruel streak a mile wide. She's also a perfectionist, and keeps her flaws (what few she admits to) well hidden. Her first husband divorced her several years ago when she was unable to provide him with a child, and having run herself into a terrible illness trying to conceive, she took a few years to wander Europe and regain her health. Now she's back in Venice and determined to show everyone that she's better than ever before -- and possibly get a little revenge on her former husband while she's at it. She recently married Ruggiero Caravello, and is having his child, but that hasn't stopped her from having fun at all.

For more information, go here: Lucilla Caravello

Plot thoughts:
-- Lucilla loves rubbing elbows with other nobles and rich people. Any excuse to socialize is welcome.
-- The woman loves to party -- hosting them, going to them, what have you.
-- She's not afraid to get her hands dirty, so any criminal connections could prove fun.
-- Lucilla is attracted to both men and women, and is rather sexually free-spirited, so she'll probably sleep with anyone as long as they're pretty.

Casimiro Adimiri // 23 // Roguish Thief
Born and raised in Venice, Casimiro (who prefers to be called Cas; only his mother and the other ladies of the brothel get to call him Miro) is a perpetually cheery, friendly man.. who also happens to be a rather exemplary thief. He'll do just about anything for a pretty girl, and he lives to make people smile and laugh. He's a bit mischievous, though, and is fond of pranks and jokes. He's also abominably clumsy, and trouble seems to find him very easily.

For more information, go here: Casimiro Adimiri

Plot thoughts:
-- Cas is very much not one of the social elite, and loves to antagonize/rob them, so potential fun there.
-- Similarly, anyone else involved in the criminal scene would be a good acquaintance or something.
-- He's always finding/being found by trouble, and police-type-figures could prove interesting.
-- Cas was created almost specifically to be comedic relief. If you need shenanigans or humor for a thread, please think of me/Cas.
-- His sexual orientation is mostly ambiguous; he flirts shamelessly with both genders but never seems serious about pursuing it, or indulging in romance. I welcome potential hilarity on this front.

Narciso // 21 // Pretty Boy
Narciso is a bit of an enigma. He has no memory of where he was born, who his parents were, or what name he was given at birth. He was dropped on the streets of Venice as a young child and struggled to keep himself alive for the next five years -- until some sicko decided to sell the boy's body to line his pockets. Thus how he earned the name 'Narciso' : His pimp said he was as pretty as the man of legend and used that in his marketing. Prostitution is the only life Narciso knows, but he's got it much better now, as he began working for Renata five years ago. The brothel was his home and its workers were his family, although his situation has recently changed. He's a quiet, intelligent man who's comfortable in his sexuality, and uses his attractiveness to his advantage.

For more information, go here: Narciso

Plot thoughts:
-- Obviously, he used to work at Renata's brothel. Maybe someone could recognize him from there.
-- Narciso doesn't do "romance". He thinks love is a lie. Anyone trying to convince him otherwise may prove entertaining, so step up if you're interested.
-- I kinda ran out of ideas here. If you have any of your own, please don't hesitate to suggest them.

Seraphine Leblanc // 26 // French Aristocrat
Seraphine is French nobility. Tired of her father trying to force suitors upon her over the past eight years in a misguided attempt to fill the hole left behind by her twin brother's murder, she decided to take a holiday of undetermined length in Venice. What she doesn't know is that her former lover and fiance, and the man who killed her brother, is in Venice. Seraphine is very charming, but cold until you get to know her -- which she's not terribly keen on letting people do. She's not into rubbing shoulders with people of lower classes so anyone who's not nobility, or at least rich, would likely get sneered at.

For more information, go here: Seraphine Leblanc

Plot thoughts:
-- Seraphine's former fiance is Etienne Tremaux, and she wants revenge on him. Anyone who hates the his family would find an ally in her.
-- The nobles and rich folks would be her chosen associates, so parties etc would be good.
-- Romance is pretty much completely out of the question, but someone deciding they want her or whatever would be hilarious.

Isabel Winters // 18 // The Blushing Bride
Isabel was sheltered growing up, the youngest of fourteen children in the middle of nowhere in England. She's quiet, reserved, fairly shy, and extremely polite -- the paramount example of what a proper young lady should be. Unless you count her tendency to go for long walks in the garden, stare longingly out at the rain, and devour books of adventure and romance like they're what keeps her alive. Wide-eyed, naive, and with a romanticized vision of the world beyond her family's estate, she yearns to travel and have an adventure of her own. She sort of has the chance now, given her recent betrothal to distant relation Alexander Archer. That's why she's going to Venice -- to meet him for the first time and become his bride.

For more information, go here: Isabel Winters

Plot thoughts:
-- Isabel is new to Venice and doesn't really know anyone. She could use some friends.
-- As minor nobility marrying a newly-made Earl, she'll likely end up among the upper crust, but she doesn't discriminate.
-- She would love to have an adventure or three, no matter how big or small.
-- She's very naive and easy to take advantage of, so something nefarious is always an option.

Zaahira Martell // 22 // The Lady Pirate
Zaahira is the product of a Catalan pirate stealing away an Arabic pickpocket. She's a wildcat of a woman who loves the sea, with an appreciation for riches and a great joy of their illegal acquisition. Interests include alcohol, sex, alcohol, fighting, alcohol, and did I mention alcohol? Watch your wallet around this one, she's likely to leave it lighter if you're not careful.

For more information, go here: Zaahira Martell

Plot thoughts:
-- Zaahira scorns the rich but likes to take their money. The riff-raff are very much her people.
-- Other sailors and adventurers would also find a friend in her.
-- She's a pirate. And also a little insane. Do with that what you will.

Daciana Lupei // 23 // Tortured Soul
Daciana was the progeny of a former scholar turned farmer and his wife. When a drought threatened her death, they gave her up to the mysterious order of assassins that had their headquarters on a nearby mountain. Daciana was raised by them, trained from a very young age to be an assassin. But when she reached adulthood and had the chance to do something truly despicable, she didn't take it. Now she's on the run from her former order, trying to figure out who she is and what she wants to do with her life. She's turned the skills she learned as an assassin toward performing in a troupe of entertainers, and finds great joy in it.

For more information, go here: Daciana Lupei

Plot thoughts:
-- Someone attached to Daciana's former order could seek her out, whether to help her or try to kill her.
-- Other performers or people who would make use of her entertainer's troupe is another option.
-- Daciana loves learning about and experiencing new things, so the possibilities are veritably endless.

I welcome ideas and suggestions. Respond here, PM me, hit me up on Discord, email, whatever. <3
word count: 2136

I shall offer my <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... wtopic=106' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Lucien</a> to thread and plot with your Emaline. He's French, he's a viscount (assuming both of his parents are dead now) and he needs to find himself a little wife. Whether they'll like each other I don't know though, but we can see how it goes and those Frenches must stick together, right?

Meanwhile I also think my <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=49' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Alessio</a> would adore all three of your girls and he'd definitely want to try and befriend Morrigan, since she's hard to get through to and does not trust men. So it could be fun to see what she'd make of Alessio, who tends to ignore personal boundaries, is very social and yet prefers men over women ;)
word count: 156

That sounds great on all counts! Once I get my girls officially established in Venice we can most definitely work something out. :D
word count: 22

Kat wrote:That sounds great on all counts! Once I get my girls officially established in Venice we can most definitely work something out. :D
Just let me know when you're ready, I'll gladly start one of the threads if you start the other :D
word count: 45

Absolutely. I'm a tad bit busy today, but I'll try to get one of the threads whipped up this afternoon. I'm discussing the potential for drama involving Lucien/Emaline with my friend Jake, as we had an interesting plot whipped up between his character York and Emaline. So once I've got something more concrete there, we can get something working on that front.

Since I'm waiting on Edward to be brought here as well (that being Annabel's brother who is also played by Jake, <a href='index.php?showuser=48' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>@Jake</a> GET ON IT BRO), that kinda puts her tabled for the moment, so Alessio bumping into Morrigan would be more feasible at the time. If we can just work out a way for that to happen, it should prove highly entertaining. Yay, I'm so excited!
word count: 154

<a href='index.php?showuser=21' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>@Atrice</a>, I'm SO SORRY it took me so long. Getting my brain into gear has been proving difficult, but I now have two threads for you!

For Lucien: <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... f=59&t=165' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Under the Venetian Sun</a>

For Alessio: <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... f=57&t=163' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>The Struggle Is Real</a>

I'm sorry that they're not amazing! The struggle is real in more than one way lol.
word count: 108

Kat wrote:<a href='index.php?showuser=21' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>@Atrice</a>, I'm SO SORRY it took me so long. Getting my brain into gear has been proving difficult, but I now have two threads for you!

For Lucien: <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... f=59&t=165' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Under the Venetian Sun</a>

For Alessio: <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... f=57&t=163' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>The Struggle Is Real</a>

I'm sorry that they're not amazing! The struggle is real in more than one way lol.
They're great, I'll get around to reply to them tonight :D
word count: 122

Lucilla and <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... wtopic=131' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Ashlin</a>: Being Earl of Hereford, I imagine they would run in the same social circle. Friends or Enemies... only time would tell.

Lucilla and <a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... wtopic=186' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Luisa</a>: Even though Luisa is married, she hates her husband so I could see her and Lucilla bounding in friendship over their mutual hate for husbands.

<a href='index.php?showuser=11' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>@Kat</a>
word count: 100

<a href='index.php?showuser=50' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>@Chris</a>

Yesyesyes. I love both of these ideas. They need to happen! Maybe I'll start a small party thread with Lucilla and we can have her and whoever meet?
word count: 47

Hello Kat...

If you are interested... I could offer:

<a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... wtopic=231' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Dominic Caresini...</a>

or maybe...

<a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=24' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Dante D'Ettore</a>

and if the dark collusion is of interest...

<a href='http://mementomori1792.jcink.net/index. ... wtopic=100' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>Lucca Arcasian</a>

I think any of those would mesh well with any of yours...
word count: 84

Return to “Plotters”